Sunday, June 15, 2014

I Need Some Help Here, Kathi Lipp

I so can relate to the cover of this book! We recently moved into a home that has an upstairs school room/ class room. I am the mother of 6 children - 4 of which are boys! I think those two sentences leave little room for explanation of why I could relate to the cover of this book. I was asked once about motherhood - I told the young girl asking me that motherhood was a season of "undone" things. I explained that everything we do (dishes, laundry, cleaning, baths, etc) is undone as quickly as we can get them done. However, in this season of exhausting work there is extreme blessings. Kathi Lipp has written a book that will uplift the weary, worn-out, down and defeated feeling mom. In the pages of this book Kathi gives great practical advice about motherhood and how to not just "survive" but thrive in this season of work, and fun. I loved the fact that her writing style was so personal; giving the reader the freedom to breathe a sigh of relief as they realize they are not the only ones that face these trials of motherhood. It is in a woman's make up to look at other women and compare themselves - do they measure up as the perfect mom, the perfect wife, the best house keeper? Yet the truth is we all struggle. We all have less than perfect days. We all lose it some times. We all have children that are wild, crazy and not the poster child of perfection. But we also can have hope, peace and joy in the time because we have the Lord - and He has perfectly equipped us each to be the mother of our children. Thanks to Revell for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment