Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Get To Know Apostle Paul, Nacy I Sanders

This is an excellent addition to any library! Although this is designed for children I think most older kids and adults would enjoy it. I appreciated the fact that it is so durable - the pages are thick and hard to tear. This makes it attractive to me because I have 6 children from 13 years to 7 months and this book stood up to all of them using it. I will be using this book in our home schooling. It is easily broken up by chapters. Each chapter has highlighted words that have a definition in a box at the bottom. This makes it easy to assign vocabulary or spelling words. It also makes reading easier - since the definition is right there on the page. Every page has some sort of color photograph and other commentary boxes. This serves as great conversation starters when discussing the chapter. With this resource children are able to see that Paul was not only a writer of scripture but he was a real person. I believe that this will increase a person's love and understanding of the bible. It will also bring to life the people of the bible. Children will begin to see that the bible is not just stories on a page as they study the history and learn about the archeological finds. Thanks to Zondervan for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment